C-Link Super Melody C-melody mouthpiece design

I have finished the first prototype design for what I'm calling the "C-Link Super Melody" mouthpiece.  I was not able to get a good photo quality, rendered image in SolidWorks on my laptop computer as the file size was huge and it required far more memory than my computer has. If I get a chance to sit at a desktop station in the next few days I'll upload some fancy photo renderings and glam shots of the mouthpiece.  That said I have taken a few screen shots from different angles, a cut away as well as altering the colour of the body so you can appreciate the inner geometry.

I hope to 3D print a prototype in the next couple of weeks.  I'll spend a bit of time cleaning up the facing before giving it a play test.  Keep in mind that my C-melody is in dire need of an overhaul so I won't be able to give the mouthpiece a thorough play test.









The expected tip opening is about 0.095" which would be about an 8* or 9 on C-melody.  There is a slight roll-over baffle and large chamber, much like an Otto Link Tone Edge or Meyer hard rubber mouthpiece.

1 comment:

  1. Coul you send me the .stl file or something like that to print it and test it? Thanks!!
    My email is: pablojarque99@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete